Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Journey.

It all started in Ramadan, where shisha shops during that month make more money than what they do for the rest 11 months. I was out with my school friends, guys and girls, and some of our foreign teachers. We took them to Al Hussein, where it is usually occupied with foreigners as it is a cultural center with plenty of sightseeing to do and variety of places to sit and enjoy yourself in.

When we sat down, one of the guys, who was known for being the most expert shisha smoker, ordered a shisha and ordered for the foreign teachers too telling them to try it. Myself and the other kids who never tried smoking were kind of afraid to try it, but we all decided to give it a shot. We were a group of 10 for example, and you would see each 2 or 3 sharing one shisha, but I, known for my coolness, had a whole water pipe all for myself.

It really felt very good. It was an amazing experience. I kept smoking for hours, changing bowl after bowl. That night was not just an exceptional night, it was the stepping stone or the night whereas I left my childhood back home and jumped into the sea of adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment