Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cravings.

Yesterday I went through several craving encounters, but I am happy I came through unscathed.

I went down to check up on an old friend that I haven't seen in years, and we went to one of our usual shisha spots in Zamalek. Of course situations like these tempt you to smoke, as it is all in your head. The memories inside of me shape my thinking when I am put in the situation, and that's why the cravings were mainly related to my old memories. Here I am sitting in the same place where I used to smoke 12 and 10 and 8 and 5 years ago, even 2 months ago I was sitting there all by myself smoking on that same chair. Plus the fact that I was catching up with my friend added more nicotine to my brain, as conversations and debates and stories always take process with the water pipe sound in the background.

I finished with him, and then went to catch up with my usual gang in our daily spot. Yesterday was my 2nd day in the past 8 days where I sat with my friends at night, because as I mentioned earlier, the past week I mainly spent it at home unless I am at work, because we have people over all the time, due to my father's death.

I am going to hang more with my friends in the coming days, and therefore the pressure will be more and the cravings will be enormous, but one thing I am sure of, is that when someone offers me a shisha, then my reply would be "Sorry, I don't smoke."

No comments:

Post a Comment